Security Management Software for Defense Agencies
Long gone are the days where securing military installations simply involved protecting the external perimeter using barbed wire fences and armed guards.
Today, securing military installations is ever more complex:
- Intense media scrutiny — real-time, detailed coverage of violent incidents (shootings, etc.), leaks and other failures of security personnel, procedures
- More diverse emerging threats, e.g. cyber security, IEDs and increasingly-powerful unmanned vehicles
- Increased demands for transparency and accountability, e.g. investigating and responding to security incidents such as substance abuse, training accidents and sexual assaults
- Number and complexity of security procedures, guidelines, reports and reviews
- Budget constraints and pressure for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) to increase interoperability and achieve cost savings
Fortem’s Omnipresence 3D is a comprehensive security management system for military and high-security sites. O3D offers advanced C2 (Command and Control) capabilities, seamlessly integrates with existing security and defense infrastructure, and adapts to local procedures, environment and regulations.
- Continuously improve readiness on all matters pertaining to law enforcement, physical security, antiterrorism, customs, confinement, use of military police resources, and conduct of military police combat, combat support, and combat service support operations.
- Support civil authorities in response to complex catastrophes in order to save lives, minimize human suffering, and protect critical infrastructure
- Sustain a high degree of situational understanding while operating in complex environments against determined, adaptive enemy organizations.
- Integrate joint, inter-organizational, and multinational partner capabilities to ensure unity of effort and accomplish missions across the range of military operations.
Military police can more decisively:
- Preserve peace
- Prevent, detect, and investigate crimes
- Apprehend violators
- Provide assistance to civilians in emergency situations, including the protection of civil rights.
- Assure compliance with Federal, State, county, and municipal laws and ordinances, and agency rules and regulations pertaining to law enforcement work.
Guards can more efficiently:
- Protect and prevent loss of materials or processes that are important for national defense, for public health or safety, or as national treasures.
- Protect government equipment and material;
- Guard government-owned or leased buildings and property
- Control access to Federal installations and activities by employees, visitors, residents, and patients.
Fortem helps each site:
- Understand and respond to incidents in record time – Immersive 3D eliminates 90% of manual steps, concentration and memorization, for an optimal situational awareness and control
- Positively influence the outcome of a crisis
- Improve perimeter security while minimizing false alarms, through improved correlation and integration with leading brands of video analytics, perimeter and fence detection systems
- Prevent and detect unauthorized access to restricted areas
- Track vehicles, personnel and contractors to improve efficiency and detect abnormal access patterns – across GPS, RFID, Access Control, etc.
Benefits for Commanders:
- Immersive 3D technology minimizes effort to understand and respond to complex situations in geographically-distant areas
- Early warnings and notifications when situations escalate, e.g. confirmed security breach
- Ability to virtual reinforce (i.e. remotely assist) sites during crisis, more quickly investigate and resolve complex incidents
- Efficiently detect and investigate insider threats
- As needed, enable instant, secure real-time information sharing, coordination and compliance, across the organization, in joint operations, with civilian agencies and multinational partners.
- Automate the monitoring of each site for performance variations (i.e. business intelligence analytics and key performance indicators), compliance to procedures and regulations
Information Security and Resiliency
- Safeguard sensitive and classified information. Commitment to Federal and DoD standards: FIPS 140-2, FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act)
- High-availability and redundancy to eliminate single-points-of-failure.
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory (Single sign-on, role-based permissions, authentication and hardening based on GPOs), Failover Clustering, Virtualization, Encryption across network and disks, Audit trails, optimized bandwidth usage, major SQL databases, SNMP, ETL, Windows Software Update Services, etc.