Security management software for Educational institutions
Feeling safe and supported is essential to learning. Without these conditions, the mind reverts to a focus on survival. The educational community has long recognized the critical importance of providing a healthy, safe, and secure environment. This goal is increasingly hard to achieve and maintain. Every institution must maintain order and be prepared for a variety of crisis, but the security needs and priorities can differ greatly according to local environment.
New security challenges arise every year. Ubiquitous smart phones and social media have increased scrutiny and sometimes generate unfair accusations. The media and general public obsess over violent incidents — shootings, kidnappings, assaults and suicides — increasingly pressuring management to spend more time and money preparing against crises that hopefully will never happen under their watch. Tight resources must be carefully balanced for everyday security needs.
The security team must:
- Protect and patrol many buildings, campuses
- Respond, report and collaborate with law enforcement on incidents including theft, vandalism, sexual harassment and drug abuse –prevent crimes while reducing organization liability
- Fortify fire and life safety, emergency management and crisis response.
- As the only department operating 24/7, notify other departments upon confirmed emergencies, e.g. when severe water damage is imminent.
- Assist other facility services such as parkings, sports venues, transportation and shuttle services.
Security managers must:
- Plan, direct, and lead administrative, operational, and financial aspects of the department
- Continuously train and educate all departments on security matters
- Efficiently manage and schedule unionized and non-unionized employees, e.g. avoid grievances
- Maintain and enforce a crisis management plan to prevent, prepare, mitigate, respond and recover from critical incidents.
- Invest wisely in procurement and support of dispatch/communication and electronic security technologies
Fortem’s Omnipresence 3D is a comprehensive security management software solution for larger, security-conscious universities, colleges and school districts.
Omnipresence 3D (O3D) enables your team more efficiently plan, manage, collaborate, respond and report on incidents. It adapts to your local environment, procedures and regulations and seamlessly integrates with your existing security equipment.
- Detect, understand and respond to incidents in record time
- Get immediate access to the right information as needed – eliminate guesswork during a crisis
- Increase coordination and information sharing (e.g. video) in real-time
- Immersive 3D eliminates 90% of manual steps, concentration and memorization dealing with security equipment, for an optimal situational awareness and control
- Immersive 3D minimizes effort to understand and respond to complex situations in remote buildings/campus
- Better prevent and detect unauthorized access to restricted areas
- Reduce effort managing false alarms, frequency of physical guard tours
- Waste less time producing reports and statistics
- Seamlessly integrate all current and future security equipment within one intuitive user interface
- Monitor up to tens of thousands of video cameras and recorders, access control doors and gates, license plate recognition systems (LPR), video analytics, GPS, emergency phones, radios, etc.
- Automatically monitor equipment failures and ensure that contractors comply with their service-level agreements (SLA)
Fortem helps managers:
- Manage risk and reduce liability, e.g. through continuously procedure improvements and easier compliance oversight
- Reduce labor costs through automation and improved efficiency
- Receive early warnings and notifications only when situations escalate
- Streamline reports and tracking of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Monitor personnel performance variations and regulatory compliance
- Enable remote assistance to more quickly resolve complex incidents