Security Management Software for Public Safety
Not so long ago, maintaining public safety mainly involved police patrols, answering emergency phone calls and posting guards at the city hall and courthouse.
Today, corporate security and police departments face new, increasingly complex challenges:
- Media and social networks obsess over errors in judgement, violent incidents, shootings, riots, etc. They expect real-time updates from elected officials and public departments while crisis and incidents unfold, backed by detailed and irrefutable evidence.
- Computer assisted dispatch (CAD) systems, emergency management systems, security control centers and their operators are becoming overwhelmed and unable to effectively leverage the explosion in volume of data generated by new, cheaper sensors (cameras, GPS) and communication devices (radios, smartphones)… leading to excessive use of vague buzzwords like Big Data and Internet of Things.
- Increased demand for transparency and accountability, requiring more frequent, detailed response and investigation of incidents such as substance abuse, assaults, theft and fraud.
- Increased demands for regulatory oversight, more complex security procedures, guidelines, reports and reviews – which directly conflicts against orders for increased austerity.
- Leaks of sensitive (financial, personal) or misleading information are more frequent, raising the organization’s liability risk and diverting attention from its mission to protect the public.
Law enforcement and security managers must:
- Maintain and enforce a crisis management plan to prevent, prepare, mitigate, respond and recover from critical incidents.
- Maintain a high standard of service while achieving additional cost savings, e.g. through increased automation, more effective remote monitoring to reduce labor cost, etc.
- Invest wisely in procurement and support of dispatch/communication and electronic security technologies, e.g. adopt open technologies, to ensure interoperability and avoid vendor lock-in
- Foster increased collaboration (secure information sharing) and unity of effort within and across departments (police, fire, EMS)
Fortem’s Omnipresence 3D is a comprehensive security management software solution for safer cities, states and federal agencies.
It enables your organization to more efficiently plan, manage, collaborate, respond and report on incidents. It adapts to your local environment, procedures and regulations and seamlessly integrates with your existing public safety equipment and information systems.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate crimes, preserve peace and apprehend violators
- Respond more efficiently to complex catastrophes in order to save lives, minimize human suffering, and protect critical infrastructure
- Continuously improve readiness and compliance on all matters pertaining to law enforcement, physical security, antiterrorism, use of public resources
- Assure compliance with Federal, State, county, and municipal laws and ordinances, and agency rules and regulations.
Fortem helps operators:
- Positively influence the outcome of a crisis by understanding and responding to complex incidents in record time – Immersive 3D eliminates up to 90% of manual steps, concentration and memorization
- Track vehicles, personnel and contractors to more effectively coordinate response and detect abnormal patterns – across GPS, license plate recognition, radio, cell phone triangulation, access control, RFID, etc.
- Minimize the risk of errors, delays and non-compliance to standard procedures and regulations
- Improve security by minimizing false alarms, integrating with leading brands of video cameras, recorders, access control, fire detection, gunshot detection, video analytics, etc.
- Prevent and detect unauthorized access to restricted areas
- Automate away cumbersome manual steps and much of the effort related to data entry and reporting
Benefits for police chiefs and security directors:
- Immersive 3D technology minimizes effort to train, understand and respond to complex situations in wide geographic areas
- Instant warnings and notifications when situations escalate, e.g. confirmed security breach, violent incident
- Ability to virtually reinforce (i.e. remotely assist) remote areas during crisis, more quickly investigate and resolve complex incidents
- Efficiently detect and investigate insider threats
- As needed, enable instant, secure real-time information sharing, coordination and compliance, within and across departments (police, fire, EMS)
- Monitor for performance variations (i.e. business intelligence analytics and key performance indicators), compliance to procedures and regulations
Information Security and Resiliency
- Fortem is committed to safeguarding sensitive and classified information, through compliance with Federal, DoD and other standards: FIPS 140-2, FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act), etc.
- High-availability and redundancy to eliminate single-points-of-failure.
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory (Single sign-on, role-based permissions, authentication and hardening based on GPOs), Failover Clustering, Virtualization, Encryption across network and disks, Audit trails, optimized bandwidth usage, major SQL databases, SNMP, ETL, Windows Software Update Services, etc.